Position Title: Tourist Program Coordinator
Company: City Of Alachua
Location: Alachua County, FL
An employee assigned to this classification coordinates tourist development program activities to bring new dollars to the county by generating leads for group travel, conferences, events and individual travel in the county while ensuring efficiency and compliance with state, county and Tourist Development Council (TDC) standards.
- Leverages social media to extend and support marketing and communication initiatives.
Assists in developing and updating social media strategy.
- Develops and/or assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of related computer programs.
- Develops policies and procedures for the program’s operation in conjunction with tourist development director.
- Develops, manages, and maintains current information for the tourist development program local web page site known as Visitgainesville.com and social media channels.
- Prepares program reports for higher level supervisors.
- Implements direct mail and telemarketing to tour operators, travel writers, travel agents and other sellers / promoters of travel.
Reviews reports and records of program activity to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective.
- Advocates building organizational culture through aligning decisions with core values including: integrity, honesty, respect, diversity, innovation, accountability and communication.
- SALES (Includes General Essential Job Functions listed above)
Conducts sales blitzes with sales and marketing people from area hotel / attractions for travel agents and other sellers of travel in potential feeder cities.
- Maintains local digital photo library for use in advertising and press opportunities.
Performs the duties listed, as well as those assigned, with professionalism and a sense of urgency.
- Generates reports specifically from website analytics to determine success of advertising efforts.
- Participates in travel / trade shows meeting with travel packagers
- Coordinates all activities dealing with federal, state and local agencies.
- Ensures efficient and effective daily operations of the program.
- CONTENT MARKETING (Includes General Essential Job Functions listed above)
- Upon declaration of a disaster and/or emergency, employees in this classification may be required to report to work.
Confers with staff to explain tourist development program and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of that program.
- Works with TV and motion picture site scouts utilizing an inventory of a vast variety of area sites.
- Exudes a positive customer service focus.
- Thorough knowledge of current practices and principles of the tourist development program.
- Ability to generate necessary paperwork in accordance with state and local ordinances.
- Considerable knowledge of marketing, advertising and communication techniques and methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to prepare and organize written reports.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations related to the program.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with the public, contractors
- local business owners and Constitutional Officers.
- Ability to plan and organize work and manage time.
- Ability to attain proficiency in the operation of computer hardware, software and related programs.
- Ability to develop and implement operating policies and procedures.